Friday, November 28, 2008

Thank You

I guess I could write a list of everything I am thankful for but somehow it just seem too obvious. Instead, I have been challenging myself to examine each moment and pull from the beneath the surface the little things that seem to go by unnoticed. I want to really ponder what it means to be thankful and how, if my heart is truly in that place, how differently I would live my life.

What kind of a person would I be? How differently would I treat my husband? How much more would I acknowledge the depth of God's love for me? 

It seems so often that I get caught up in this sense of entitlement. I don't mean for it to happen but like a dune of shifting sand, I find that I get buried beneath my the weight of my selfishness and indifference. 

To truly to be thankful is to acknowledge that in every moment of my very existence there is something to be cherished, something to inspire awe & learning and something to make me acknowledge that life is so much more beyond my own self. And in my soul, I feel this swell of humble gratitude as I realize just how insignificant I am but just how much beauty there is to found in a life in Christ.

I want to turn my face toward heaven and just breathe Him in. To not say a word and let my heart say the rest. After all, true thankfulness is something that goes beyond the limited perimeters of conversation. It is a posture of humble gratitude and one that is given when we simply revel in the blessings of God. 

1 comment:

Bonnie Kim said...

Bek, that was said so beautifully...